We say we are a GOOD school!
One year has passed since our Ofsted inspection and we now evaluate ourselves to be a GOOD school!
We have worked very hard since last September and made many dramatic changes both organisational and strategic such as:
1. Changing the start of the school day so that the children go straight into class to work on an Early Morning Activity rather than play on the playground
2. The introduction of a House system to join the school together in a common purpose
3. The introduction of our core values, which underpin ALL that we do
4. Establishing a new behaviour policy and system from Reception to Year Six which focusses on positive language and good behaviour choices
5. Adapting lunchtime routines so that the children have less waiting time in the hall (which leads to a noisy environment) and more fresh air outside
6. The introduction of data tracking systems to ensure ALL children make good progress
7. Redeploying staff and creating a clearer, more distributed management structure
8. Filling 12 skips to create a clutter-free, vibrant school environment
9. The introduction of Celebration Assemblies which parents are invited to every week
10. The creation of a new class to create a single form entry school
And not forgetting of course that in November 2013 we joined the Faringdon Academy of Schools Multi-Academy Trust!
I have produced a short report (see Ofsted page) which demonstrates our progress against each of the Ofsted criteria. Please take a look and see how fantastic our school is!